The overall aim of the SCALE-UP project is to adapt, implement and evaluate tools to help regional actors to overcome the apparent bottlenecks towards fully exploiting bioeconomy potentials in their region.
More specifically, the objectives of the SCALE-UP project are:
- To increase capacity and knowledge of multi-actor partnerships to accelerate the development of marketable products and services and to improve the market penetration of bio-based solutions
- To improve knowledge about the potential of nutrient recycling in the regions
- To successfully deploy existing practical and scientific knowledge
- To achieve high level of awareness and understanding of the bioeconomy and its potential and impacts among local communities
- To strengthen collaboration between primary producers, SMEs, clusters, social actors and policymakers
- To promote regional, rural, local/urban and consumer-based transitions towards a sustainable, regenerative, inclusive and just circular economy and bioeconomy across all regions of Europe.